Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Season's Greetings

December is upon us already. Christmas cards are done and ready to be sent. The house is decorated and the smell of cinnamon and pine fill each room. And, Zac is very excited that SANTA will be here soon. We wrote him a letter and took it to him this past weekend. Zac shared ALL he wanted for Christmas and even shared what David wants. Santa said he was so happy to see him - that he had been waiting all day to see him. :) Zac sings us Christmas songs and practices singing the song for his school's "holiday show" everyday. I really need to video him because he is soooo cute (and I know that won't last long)!!! Seeing Christmas through his eyes could fill anyone with the spirit of Christmas and the promise of peace, hope, love and joy! Which is what I need because, on the flip side, Zac is really pushing our buttons. He is four going on fourteen, and we have had to take his cable box again. (And, that seems to be very devastating to him.) He is learning so much at school from his friends... I have had to"bite my tongue and put myself in time away before I unleash my fury upon him. Now I know how mom and dad felt with the four of us - well, actually, with Tim... the rest of us were angels!
Chris and I celebrated our 14th anniversary on the 26th with a lunch date. In all, we have been together almost 19 years... I can't believe he has lasted that long with me!
This Sunday, David will be baptized at Holy Cross. We are amazed at how much he has grown and all that he can do now. He loves his Exersaucer and for anyone to stand him up. He has progressed through applesauce, sweet potatoes, and squash. Next, it's peaches!!! He is a good eater. He is rolling over from both back to front and front to back - a little sooner than Zac. I feel sorry for mom because I think he will be "moving" sooner than Zac did. She'll be on the go all day with him.

No comments: