Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year! 2009... I thought, when I was a little girl, we would have flying cars and robots. In reality, I fly all over the place in my car and act robotically when it comes to being a parent, wife, teacher, etc.... Not exactly what I had in mind when I was a young girl!
We had a wonderful evening last night in Eastlake with friends/former neighbors/former chorale members that moved to Texas. Leave it to the Fires to bring us all together! It was a great evening seeing everyone who lives so near but (because of schedules) rarely see each other. Gale and Mike Wilson hosted the event - their house is beautiful and Christin took control of cranky David... she has the magic touch! Zac fell into the groove with all the kids. We had a hard time getting him to leave until he noticed that all the kids were leaving!
Tonight, Chris and I will spend New Year's Eve with the kids at home. It is hard to believe that in years past we have celebrated on ski slopes, at the Peach Bowl, and parties in Raleigh and the Lion's Club, and now we are content with celebrating at home and away from the "novice" drinkers that seem to come out on New Year's Eve.
Today, Zac, David and I are off to run errands and visit the Dollar Tree (the greatest place to get kids a prize!) and maybe some fun new year's stuff for tonight!

No comments: