Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Mom said it best... "Snobama Day"

We were hit with our first good amount of snow in a few years just in time for Inauguration 2009... hence the name of this post! So, this may very well be part of my spring break.
Zac enjoyed the snow... he doesn't really remember playing in the snow last time. He only knows what he has seen in pictures. He went out three different times yesterday and each time he stayed out a little longer. He and I attempted to make a snowman, but the snow wouldn't pack. So, we settled for a miniature snowman. It worked for him. David enjoyed the view from inside.
I watched the inauguration festivities all morning long and some of the afternoon. It was amazing to see the millions of people there to witness firsthand this day. I wanted to watch it as well for history but from my recliner (and thermostat set on 70) was just as good.
David celebrated 6 months on Sunday. He is sitting on his own now but won't sleep on his own. Imagine that! He is very addicted to his mother; we may have to seek treatment or maybe a detox for him. One day I will miss this. However, at times, it can become very frustrating and annoying! We graduated David to the big boy end of his bathtub and got rid of the newborn net. He loves the water, so I can only guess that the pool this summer will be lots of fun for him. David laughs at Zac and loves to watch him. I am sure, when he starts walking, he will be on his heels.
Zac is playing basketball this January. And, in February, he will pick up flag football and floor hockey. He is really into sports and loves to watch the Hurricanes and basketball... which is a good thing in this house! He loves his Wii and challenges Chris and me to a boxing match or bowling or golf. He is good at all three, but will do what is necessary to win (ie: cheat). Chris and I have begun to "rub it in" when we do win. You should see the theatrics! I could make millions with this kid!
I have begun exercising on a regular basis (except for these past few days). I even began a Zumba class (Latin American dance/aerobics). Quite interesting to say the least but it works my tail, and that is what I need. Chris is busy at work (which I do not complain about... busy is good!!).
Until next time...

No comments: