Sunday, February 22, 2009

Chris make a plea with David...

"Quit sleeping with my wife..." Chris's talk hasn't quite sunk in yet. David is in and out of his crib and my bed A LOT these days! In fact, I think I can actually see a "smirk" when I pick him up in the middle of the night and lay him in the bed. He snuggles up close to me and drifts off to the best sleep of the night! As I say these days, you have to cut your losses and get some sleep. And, I will do just that!
David is now 7 months old and ready to crawl. He is already finding himself going backwards and tries so hard to get going forward. It's just a matter of time. His right leg is up and poised, but the rest hasn't quite come together. He is "talking" so much and wants to be heard. He carries on beautiful conversations with Bumpy and Zacary.
Speaking of Zacary, he is learning the fine art of counting money these days. I have decided if he wants a toy from the store, he will have to pay for it. So, off we went to Walmart and he was determined that he NEEDED a toy. After much debate, he wanted two PowerRanger toys totalling $13.00. I told him he couldn't have them until we got his money out of the piggy bank back at home. When we returned home, he got "missing" and later returned with the $13.00 that he owed me... 13 "monies" in the form of quarters, nickels, dimes and pennies that he counted out himself. He was so proud to hand them to me... I didn't have the heart to refuse the payment.
Zacary has started soccer as of yesterday and will begin another three weeks of floor hockey this week. He is also signed up for flag football, and t-ball is just around the corner. We will be quite busy this spring.
The weather continues to be cold and warm these days... a sign that Mother Nature tempts us with spring-like weather and then zaps us with a bit of cold. However, we are outside more and enjoying the sun setting later and later. Bring on spring!

No comments: