Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Girl's Day Out

Today, David and I headed out to Brier Creek to have lunch with Dennee and Sherry, and, like I figured, their stories made the trip!!! I "live" vicariously through their tales of life's ups, downs, and everything in between. I really can't say what we talked about (that secret code)... but we got lots of looks with our out bursts of laughter and I am sure people were shifting their chairs a little our way to catch what we were saying!!!! It was a nice lunch and I wish that I could do that more, but, in the teaching profession, you get 26 minutes to get the kids in, seated, eat your lunch and move those kids out, so our conversations are usually short and censored!!!!!!
David has found the world. He has awaken from his infant slumbers and is more alert during the day. He babbles a lot and now understands what the exergym is all about. He kicks and moves and even "talks" to it. His smiles are beautiful and can charm you... even at 3:00 in the morning. However, he may find his sleeping quarters moved in a few weeks to his room. He is so loud that I have even resorted to pulling the covers over my head so that I can get some sleep.
Tomorrow, I have two big dates: Weight Watchers and my postpartum doctor appointment. This will be my first weigh in since rejoining and I hope that it shows a negative. Last week, upon rejoining, my printout had a plus thirty-one pound gain (since my last WW visit). I about choked. I thought they would start me over from scratch but no such luck. Thankfully, I had David with me, so it was obvious where all that weight came from and what happens when you lose lots of weight. This time, however, that won't happen. The doctor took care of that July 18 just after David was born! Hopefully, my doctor appt. will be routine and I am given the thumb's up.
Tonight is another soccer practice, andZac has assured me that I won't be playing... that I "have" to sit with the other moms and watch. Sounds good to me; I don't think I could make it down the field or complete any of the drills!

No comments: