Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Where Has the Time Gone???

I can't believe that 1 1/2 weeks have gone by and I haven't written. It's hard to believe that it has been almost 7 weeks since David was born, and he is really changing. To me, he looks like me, but most everyone says that it is Chris. I guess that may be my wishful thinking that one of my children would look like me in more places than long eyelashes and BIG big toes! It may be too early to tell, but I want to say that David's eyes will be blue. He tries to carry on conversations with anyone who will listen and smiles to show off his little "dimple"!!! Lately, he has been going about five hours at night before eating (usually 8:00 - 1:00 AM). So, now my hurdle is to roll that start time a little later to give me more sleep time!!!!!
Zac began soccer last night, and I am happy to announce that Chris did not have to go out there and play with him!!!! From what Chris said (I had open house at school), he did great. We hope his solo soccer career continues or else I may have to add numbers to my baby carrier!
We spent this past weekend at ELON for the opening football game. Zac actually watched the game in between sliding down the hill, running after friends and eating someone else's nachos! He only stopped to watch the band one time, so our future as band parents may not surface...
I took the boys to the pool on Labor Day. This was my first trip to the pool with both boys, so Zac was on his own. He did great... swimming and playing without my help, and David snoozed in the shade while I got some sun. As I sat there watching Zac in the pool it occured to me that next summer I will be chasing a one year old. So, I sat in the sun a little longer enjoying the last few hours of summer 2008. Where has the time gone? Summer was here and gone in the blink of an eye. Pool visits, baseball games, cookouts with friends, David's arrival, and the beach are becoming distant memories. Fall is right around the corner and that brings school, soccer and football games, Zac's birthday, and a new president. Let's hope America makes a wise decision for US all.

No comments: