We have seen our first smile, had our first four hour sleep, and a first of sleeping in the cosleeper and not on mom or in the swing or bouncer seat!!!! David is five weeks old and is getting stronger, filling out and becoming this little "man"! He is now tracking objects and knows his mommy's voice. When he is hungry, you better have the bottle ready. He is demanding... don't know where he got that trait from?!?!??!
Last week at school, Zac mastered writing "ZACARY" on his own and, now, all the letters are going in the right direction and from left to right, not right to left "YRACAZ". Next week he begins his second year of soccer. I hope he is out of the "mommy needs to play with me" stage. I am really not in soccer form yet.
School started this morning at 8 AM. I met my students and parents at open house last Wednesday and will have to "remeet" them on the 22nd when I return. Speaking of which, it is so ironic that the day I am to return to school I have also been summoned for jury duty. What luck! I have asked for a postponement and hope the honorable judge will oblige.
It is hard to believe that summer is almost over... Labor Day is one week away. Time has flown by. We are heading to ELON this weekend for tailgaiting and football. And, thanks to good friends, we will be staying with them Saturday night. All hotels in the greater ELON area are either sold out or $179 and up a night. For that cost, you would see me oceanfront and not in the TRIAD.
For me, I have four weeks until I return to my job. I plan on enjoying every minute of it.
Monday, August 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment