Monday, August 18, 2008

Back To School

Today was the official first day back for teachers and I was there (with David, of course). I managed to shower, clean and prepare bottles, get Zac up, change and feed David, get Zac to school and be at my school by 8:00 AM. It was nice seeing everyone and spending a little time at school. David was well taken care of by two girls while I went to the faculty meeting. I plan on getting to school when I can this week and then go every Friday for the first four weeks of school to get plans ready for the following week. That way, I can still be there without being there!!!!
David had his one month check up today. He is now 8.14 pounds and grew 1 1/2 inches over the past two weeks. I can definitely tell by just holding him that he is getting bigger and stronger everyday. He seems to listen to me when I tell him all the interesting things like what I am eating for lunch, what chores I have to do, or what's happening on my soaps!!!!!
On Sunday, we went to church and actually made it through the whole service!!! It was wonderful for both our boys to receive a blessing from Pastor Bill. I hope Zac's blessing had an extra something in there for listening and patience! Sunday was also the day that David decided he would cry and fuss for most of the day. What a treat!!! I am hoping it was a growth spurt because he ate like a pig during the day - about every 2 hours. Today he seemed to settle back in to his normal routine and only offered us his usual 2 hour fussing before bedtime.
Zac, on the other hand, has really become the little man. He has started sleeping by himself and gets dressed on his own. The colors may not always match, but the effort is there!!! He has found great joy in playing with friends after dinner... riding bikes, playing baseball, and bug catching. I can't believe that he will be four next month.
That is all for now... sleep is calling me until the next feeding (which should be in about one hour).

No comments: