Monday, August 4, 2008

Off To The Beach

Well, I would have NEVER done this with Zac, but David, Zac and I are headed to the beach tomorrow with Aunt Sissen and the boys and Nana. Call me crazy, but I am definately missing the sun and just to go to the beach and see that beautiful ocean may rejuvenate me!!!! Chris will be staying home... he may be the sane one here! Hopefully, with the other family going, I will have some extra hands. Zac is very excited and happy that he doesn't have to go to school for three days. (I thought that didn't start until middle school???)
David's two week check up went well. He is over his birth weight - gaining an ounce a day! His length is actually shorter than what the hospital said; I thought my son was shrinking! David and I sleep in a chair half the night because (a) he likes to be held, (b) I am spoiling him, and (c) I think I am just too tired to move. I woke up this morning at 3:30 in the rocker still holding David and thought that I had fed him at 2:00. When I couldn't locate the bottle and came to my senses, I realized we had been in that chair since midnight! To be honest, it was good sleep.
Zac's star chart was a success last week. Less whining, more listening, and more independence were the big achievements. I hope it continues. Cable will be installed this Saturday in his room. That way, Chris and/or Zac can fall asleep to it!!!!
As for me, I keep trucking along. It seems less stressful the second time around. I guess you know what is ahead of you so it isn't such a culture shock to the system when "good" sleep is taken away!!! Since Chris is working, I want him to get sleep. So, he will take the 6 AM feeding for me so that I can get 1-2 hours of solid sleep. I have dropped 34 of my 58 pounds in two weeks. That is one heck of a diet!!!! My legs and feet have returned to normal sizes and my fingers are once again able to wear rings! Karli asked me if I would be wearing my pumps again this year to school, and the answer is YES... I just don't know when!!! Now, if only I could get those hips to return to their normal places...

No comments: