Well, we made it back in one piece from Atlantic Beach!!! We met up with my sister, the boys and my mom in Goldsboro and mom (Nana) rode with us to the beach. This helped out tremendously because when David cried, Nana was there! When David needed to be fed, Nana was there. When Zac needed a button pushed on his DVD player, Nana was there.
The beach experience with a newborn was interesting. It wasn't about me and how much sun I could get. It was about how much could David stand before we headed in. I did get to spend an hour on the beach with Zac and a few hours at the pool over our stay. The warm, salt air did David and me good. He slept better and LOVES being outdoors in the fresh air. Zac had a ball with his cousins and Blake (friend of cousin). He "hung" with the big boys in the pool, on the beach, at the aquarium, and at dinner. His first night's dinner consisted of tea... cheap date!
The ride home was more of a challenge because whenever David or Zac needed anything, Nana wasn't there. So, I put on my serious driving face and headed out. Luckily for me, we only made one stop in Kinston. However, that stop lasted 45 minutes because Zac had to go to the bathroom twice, David had a serious blowout, and David needed to eat. And, then I had to go to the bathroom. I know the people at McDonald's wondered what we were doing going back and forth to the bathroom!
All in all it was a great couple of days and I am glad I went if for nothing else but to get out of the house and see the ocean! I even came back with money!!!!!!
David is three weeks old today. He slept in the co-sleeper last night in between feedings. Hopefully, that wasn't a fluke and he will sleep in there again tonight. It was kind of nice sleeping in my bed again!
Friday, August 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment