Tuesday, September 30, 2008

So Far, So Good

Well, I am back at school (for the past 1 1/2 weeks) and so far things have been good. David is adjusting well to Nana Daycare. I expect him to be reciting FOX News top stories and Rush any day... Both boys were born during election years.
Being back on a schedule has been great. Chris is excited that the neighborhood WalMarts and Targets do not see me on a daily basis. I miss my Rachael Ray and all my soaps; however, I enjoy being back in my classroom. Zac and I head out to school just before 7AM each day. As of today, his transition getting up at 6AM as opposed to 8AM has been smooth. He and I head one way and Chris and David head the other. We all usually end back up at home around 5PM. If we aren't grabbing dinner at my mom's, we are eating take out on the way home. I know I am doing my part of keeping McDonald's from going under!
Zac had his 4 year old check up today, and I am sure the towns of Clayton, Garner, Knightdale, Wendell, and maybe even Zebulon could hear that little boy scream at the top of his lungs. You would have thought we had him in some kind of torture chamber, and that was even before any SHOT was seen. He got five shots today, and it took as many people to hold all 36 pounds of him down. Earlier, Chris had expressed his concern that he might cry during this. However, when I looked over at him around shot 4, Chris was laughing and I was laughing and apologizing to the nurses. I am sure many kids were freaked out at the shrieking coming from room 6. Later, in WalMart (getting his "prize"), Zac informed me that he cried but not because it hurt. He cried because he needed to. And, he would like to go with David in November to get his shots. I don't know if it is to see him cry and writhe in pain or to be a good big brother. I'll keep you posted on that one.

No comments: